Genre research: psycho

 Now in this blog we will be discussing a movie named psycho. Just as I stated before we cant talk about a movie until we have some footing about what its about. the description reads as follows "Phoenix secretary Marion Crane (Janet Leigh), on the lam after stealing $40,000 from her employer in order to run away with her boyfriend, Sam Loomis (John Gavin), is overcome by exhaustion during a heavy rainstorm. Traveling on the back roads to avoid the police, she stops for the night at the ramshackle Bates Motel and meets the polite but highly strung proprietor Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), a young man with an interest in taxidermy and a difficult relationship with his mother." Now that you have somewhat of an idea of the story its time to discuss. Discuss what you may ask, to which I respond , to discuss the elements of the the genre that I decided to base my final project on that the movie had. one of the elements that I planed to to add in my final project that I like is the use of cutlery. In this case the cutlery is a knife the most standard and conventionally used blade in horror movies. Another element I like in this movie is the small secluded area in the middle of nowhere. it gives off an eerie feel. The eerie feel is exactly why I chose this element. There is not much I hate in this movie that pertains to the horror genre besides the evil smile because I found it tacky.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research: How to make a short film

ALL ABOUT ME!!!

blue print for next part p2