CCR(the final chapter)

 

Name: _Djonucci Stjuste_____

 

Creative Critical Reflection

1.      How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?

My product goes by the general conventions of alcoholic beverage commercials. The conventions for alcoholic beverage commercials are diverse but simple actually. One thing that you find in every beverage commercial is there is always some type of soundtrack playing in the background another is the actual beverage. After you have those two things the rest is up to your imagination. I used and took a spin on snoop dogs corona commercial instead of talking to the audience like he did how about I place a voice over instead. I see the voice over tactic happen in many food or drink commercials. My product does reflect a social issue or group, but it is directed at some specific types of social groups such as people who go to the bar, sports fans, and general average consumers that want a nice drink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?

My product engages the audience through a sort of subliminal approach but then it engages the audience at the end directly with a question.  At the beginning the commercial wasn’t referring to the audience directly but more like speaking out loud. After that at the end the voice over switches gears by asking the audience a question. You could tell he was talking to the audience by the phrase how about you try it too. The narration was trying to appeal to audiences feeling and logic. The main real media text my product would use would be television programming, and ads before videos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3.      How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

My production skill did get a boost throughout this whole process. I did mess around with the voice over feature to produce some real interesting results. And I actually tried to work on my angles to make it seem more commercial like not to mention I did and a sprinkle of camera movements. I’m not going to say I’m competent or even average yet, but I know I’m going in the right direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.      How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

I integrated a good amount of technologies in this project. I implemented a voice over mechanic which I haven’t did before until now. I also used my camera to take a slow-motion video, which was pretty cool. I also tweaked my camera to give off more light blue hues instead of the natural yellow hues being given out by the setting. I forgot to mention I also integrated background music which is always cool. Next time though I would love to insert end credits in my project.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research: How to make a short film

ALL ABOUT ME!!!

blue print for next part p2